Vice President of Finance
The Vice President of Finance will oversee all planning, implementation, and monitoring of the company’s financial services, ensuring the support of profitability and financial goal attainment. This person will have a proven track record in high growth organizations, and effectively balances strategic leadership with a roll-up-your sleeves mentality.
- Direct and oversee all strategic and tactical aspects of finance, accounting, payroll, and reporting.
- Actively serve on the executive team as an organizational leader, balancing strategic initiatives with tactical responsibilities.
- Provide managerial oversight to the existing Finance team of 5
- Establish and maintain best practices for a growing finance operation.
- Track and improve benchmarks for financial and operational performance.
- Drive preparation of company-wide financial forecasts and reports for all product lines.
- Assess company’s financial results and report consistently on profits, losses, trends, expenditures, cash flow, and allocations.
- Collaborate with the department heads to create and manage budgets, and empower the business’ leaders to manage to those budgets.
- Coordinate and/or prepare tax schedules.
- Monitor and audit the financial health of the organization, providing oversight and directional guidance on any business deals, regular transactions, and spending that impacts the organization’s financial well-being.
- Ensure a reliable system of internal controls are in place, and monitor to ensure funds and assets are used appropriately.
- Work with internal teams to generate and provide reporting as needed.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all required federal, state, local, organizational and payroll laws and requirements, including but not limited to tax laws, GAAP, FAR, and CAS.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train support staff
- Displayed commitment to company’s core values - Be Transparent, Crave Knowledge, Challenge Mediocrity, Make Calculated Decisions, Value Each Other
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- 3+ Years of Experience as a Director, Senior Director or Vice President of Finance
- 2+ Years of experience working in the SaaS industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration preferred, or equivalent professional financial experience
- Experience with raising capital, making acquisitions and integrating businesses
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis
- Proven experience working in a high growth and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with financial models and analysis
- Strong supervisory and leadership experience of at least 2 direct reports
- Strong communication skills - the ability to articulate complex concepts in an easy-to-understand way
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and to quickly reprioritize responsibilities for individuals and teams
- Results-focused -- can operate without all of the details to get a project started
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Aside from an outstanding company culture that fosters innovative ideas, teamwork, professional growth, and friendly competition, we offer great benefits. You'll have the chance to work alongside fun, intelligent, and driven folks who believe in what we're doing at TA. We provide the following:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off of your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Travel covered up to 4x per year for remote employees
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
TechnologyAdvice’s purpose is to create opportunities for technology buyers, technology vendors, our team members and our communities.
We are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
We work with vendors to grow their customer base through our unique lead generation, content creation, and digital advertising programs. These programs improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of their ideal customers using multiple touchpoints.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce located across the United States and a global client base.
In recent years, TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
At TA, we believe our differences make us stronger. We foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. Our DE&I committee hosts quarterly meetings and sessions to help us continually learn and grow. Our Core Values are: Be Transparent, Make Calculated Decisions, Crave Knowledge, Challenge Mediocrity, and Value Each Other.
Pre-employment screening required.
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we follow all CDC and local protocol.