Associate Director of Content
Available for the following locations: Remote | Nashville, TN | Louisville, KY
Hello, We're TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce and client base located across the globe. We’re growing and always interested in expanding our team with top talent...make sure to check out our perks and benefits listed below!
The Content Team at TechnologyAdvice is focused on driving overall content strategy and execution by working as partners to all other teams within the organization.
As the Associate Director of Content, you are a leader that is comfortable managing a team’s activities, coaching direct reports, and collaborating with internal business customers as we develop and enhance our portfolio of B2B tech-focused digital publications.
You are a thorough, passionate, creative, resourceful, and proactive people leader with significant experience in the world of business technology and digital publishing. You relentlessly search for ways to optimize processes, remove obstacles and develop your direct reports.
How You'll Contribute…
- Lead a talented team of editors with a range of experience levels and specialisms
- Drive accountability for production and quality assurance metrics across our portfolio of sites
- Collaborate with Audience Development, Sales Enablement, Marketing and Operations Teams to support their content creation needs and ensure consistency of messaging across the company
- Provide mentorship and guidance to editors, instilling best practices across the team
What You Bring…
- At least 3 years of management experience in a publishing role or team
- At least 7 years of digital publishing experience
- Ability to determine editorial scope and direction
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Self-starter: somebody who has a positive attitude and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, and get some work done
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and visual
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build warm, long-lasting relationships with contacts at B2B SaaS firms and help them promote their brands
- High attention to detail to ensure content is thoroughly fact-checked and accurate
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret traffic and performance to draw suitable recommendations on future content
Why You Want Us...
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
To see all job openings and learn more, visit our Careers Page.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.