Who we are: Groups360 is a marketplace enabling more efficient commerce in group travel. Through its innovative technology, Groups360 reduces cost and complexity for both suppliers and consumers of group meeting services. This innovative, high-growth company seeks individuals with a team orientation, high work ethic and passion for solving customer obstacles.
Why you want to work for us: Groups360 strives to be an employer of choice, we offer competitive salaries, uncapped potential and we contribute to the cost of the fantastic benefit We offer: Medical, Dental & Vision, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, EAP and online discounts to a variety of goods and services, including identity theft protection, pet health insurance, travel, electronics, gifts, household needs and more!
We are looking for: Go-getters! People ready to move fast, be a part of something special! Are you a self-driven individual that likes to step up and take the reins of their respective position on a team? Do you like to make a difference? Would you like an opportunity that allows you to put your stamp on things? Do you like to know that you are on a team that values your contribution? Do you like knowing that you are appreciated and recognized for your individual contributions to the team? If you answered yes to the above questions, we would love to speak with you further about a career changing opportunity for the position outlined below.
The role: The Applications/Software Architect will work closely with the development and QA teams to define and maintain best practices in systems and software design, development, and deployment, balancing short-term and long-term needs and strategies. Ensuring solutions are secure and compliant with applicable standards and policies such as PCI and GDPR, and scalable and performant, accommodating millions of users worldwide. This is a hands-on Architect role.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with the CTO, Development Teams, Operations, and Department Leaders to define business requirements, technical plans, and roadmaps.
- Oversee system and application architecture and articulate and partner with CTO to make recommendations on decisions impacting quality, security, and scalability.
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural documents.
- Conduct advanced research on new technologies and techniques, providing recommendations and roadmaps for implementation.
- Define and promote best practices, standards, and policies – focus on elegance and simplicity.
- Oversee and govern all RESTful API endpoint definitions (e.g., REST, HATEOAS).
- Work with Data leadership to help define and implement enterprise data and metadata structures.
- Provide architectural consulting to internal projects and corporate partner project initiatives.
- Support product development teams, with design and implementation oversight.
- Participate in vendor evaluations, and technical due diligence.
- Develop, communicate and deploy EA Governance and Compliance processes, including auditing for all production systems.
- Present technological findings, strategies, and discoveries to the Technology Leadership team.
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions.
- Develop architectural metrics and produce architectural status reports and architectural maturity reports on a regular basis.
- Other job duties as required.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in software development.
- 3+ years’ architectural experience.
- 2+ years’ experience leading development teams and/or technology.
- Experienced in Object Oriented Languages and Design Patterns.
- Experienced in Cloud/SaaS application development.
- Experienced in Micro-Service/SOA environments.
- Experienced in Restful API’s.
- Experienced in SQL and Data storage.
- Experienced in ETL and Batch processing.
- Familiar with frameworks (Rails, ReactJS).
- Familiar with TOGAF and other architectural frameworks.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Strong empathy for customers via customer support.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent verbal, written and group communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Additional qualifications as required.
Core Business Hours:?8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F; these hours may vary depending upon your position and work requirements.
Location: Brentwood, TN (in-office)
(Company will not sponsor C2C or Work-related Visas)
Groups360 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.?