A/V Service Technician
Position Overview: The Service Technician is responsible for service calls for our customers. He/she will trouble shoot, repair, and meet customers’ needs and expectations to repair existing audio and video equipment.
Primary Essential Job Duties:
- Answer and resolve service calls to the satisfaction of the customer
- Keeping all company equipment in good shape including vehicle assigned
- Test and troubleshoot installed systems for defects.
- Train customers on currently installed projects.
- Maintain equipment in organized manner
- Perform system software and firmware updates as needed
- Configure AV equipment and control systems as needed, including but not limited to (AMX/Crestron/Extron); DSPs (BiAmp/QSC), matrix mixers and switchers; videoconferencing codecs and endpoints (Cisco/Polycom)
- Maintain information including but not limited to documentation, service summaries, job hours
- Regular and predictable attendance as scheduled
- Work cooperatively with others.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list. There will be other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service – Our customers are why we are here
- Integrity – We are honest, respectful, and accountable in all we do
- Attitude - We are hard-working, team-oriented, positive, and fun
- Teamwork – We trust each other
- Performance – We expect excellence from ourselves and others
- Excellence – Our reputation is built on our quality
Required Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to terminate Cat6 and other connections including soldering XLRs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding signal flow
- Basic understanding of data network devices/networking
- High level of computer skills
- Ability to work without direction
- Talent to take initiative
- Travel not to expected to exceed 30%
- Critical thinking with the forethought of the job
Education and Experience
- Valid driver’s license with appropriate driving record
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to bend, squat and kneel
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to pass drug screen and background check