LBMC TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
Over the past year, LBMC has been in growth mode receiving accolades including being named 2021 Best Firms for Technology by Accounting Today and recognized as one of the 2021 Best Workplaces by Consulting & Professional Services (#35 nationally). Accounting Today also named LBMC as a Top 5 Pacesetter for Growth after adding more than 25% to our workforce during COVID. LBMC values hiring individuals with a growth mindset and are looking to add to our industry-leading technology consulting practice, so if you have an innate curiosity for solving problems and creating solutions—LBMC is the place for you!
LBMC is based in Nashville and we have industry-leading benefits including both remote and in-person work options, dynamic technology solutions, financial incentives for training and certifications, and curated professional growth organizations such as the Women’s Initiative Network, Lending Hands community initiative, Young Professionals group, and robust Talent Development offerings.
This Data Engineer role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about technology, innovation, and solving complex issues for LBMC clients. You would be joining a progressive office in Nashville and receive mentorship from innovative team members and seasoned industry professionals. LBMC's Data Insights' division is a rapidly-growing analytics consulting practice, focusing on delivering high-end modern data platform and analytics solutions for customers across a variety of industries and sizes.
LBMC Data Engineers will work with LBMC Data Insights’ clients to build scalable and reliable reports and dashboards and hires will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, developers, and architects on a wide range of projects for sophisticated clients across the US. High-performing candidates have a clearly defined path for advancement to Senior Staff and upper-level management roles within LBMC. Fully remote work may be available to qualified candidates, but some travel may still be required as requested by clients.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Work with large, complex data sets to design and built ETL solutions in on-premise and cloud technologies
- Design and build solutions using SQL database technologies, Azure Common Data Services, SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular model)
- Effectively communicate with internal team members and clients to ensure projects deliverables are completed effectively and on-time
- Provide documentation to clients for custom solutions built or technologies being deployed
- Provide pre-sales technical support to sales team including giving product demonstrations, outlining project scope, reiterating client deliverable specifications, detailing project solutions, etc.
- Provide thought leadership and LBMC brand awareness to the marketplace through participation in forums, user groups, and speaking in data platform and analytics-related conferences as comfortable
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor's or Associate’s in Information Technology, Computer Science, Analytics, or related fields
- 4+ years’ experience in BI, data engineering, or analytics-related roles
- 4+ years’ experience writing SQL, preferably experience in T-SQL
- Understanding of any of the following areas: relational databases, data structures, data modeling, data quality initiatives (scrubbing/prep)
- Exposure to data integration/ETL tools, specifically Microsoft Azure Data Factory and/or SSIS
- Exposure to Cloud Services (MS Azure, Azure Analytics Services, PowerBI, etc.)
- Desire for learning, problem solving, collaboration, technical advancement, etc.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with clients, team members, vendors, project stakeholders, leadership, etc.
Diversity and Inclusion at LBMC
Commitment to our team members, clients, and the communities in which we work. At LBMC, our mission of delivering the best to our clients and each other every day is rooted in our unique differences. Our engagement, growth and success are at their best when team members have equal opportunity and are included. Diversity brings value to LBMC by connecting us with our community and driving innovation.
*LBMC provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.*