Technical Support Engineer
Wealth Access is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our clients.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include proactively diagnosing and troubleshooting software issues, resolving network issues, performing data reconciliation, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple IT issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you!
Ultimately, you will be a person our clients trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
Join our fast-growing Fintech company where you will be making everyday impact.
- Research and identify solutions to software issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits and service level objectives
- Ask clients targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal team members
- Ensure all issues are properly logged into Jira
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain positive relationships with clients
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile applications/devices, other tech products, and financial data structures
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with Jira/Kanban/Agile work environments
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Professional experience in the financial services industry a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Technical/Desktop Support or IT Help Desk Technician: 3 years (Preferred)
- Financial services: 2 years (Requirement)