Who we are: Groups360 is a marketplace enabling more efficient commerce in group travel. Through its innovative technology, Groups360 reduces cost and complexity for both suppliers and consumers of group meeting services. This innovative, high-growth company seeks individuals with a team orientation, high work ethic and passion for solving customer obstacles.
Why you want to work for us: Groups360 strives to be an employer of choice, we offer competitive salaries, uncapped potential and we contribute to the cost of the fantastic benefit We offer: Medical, Dental & Vision, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, EAP and online discounts to a variety of goods and services, including identity theft protection, pet health insurance, travel, electronics, gifts, household needs and more!
We are looking for: Go-getters! People ready to move fast, be a part of something special! Are you a self-driven individual that likes to step up and take the reins of their respective position on a team? Do you like to make a difference? Would you like an opportunity that allows you to put your stamp on things? Do you like to know that you are on a team that values your contribution? Do you like knowing that you are appreciated and recognized for your individual contributions to the team? If you answered yes to the above questions, we would love to speak with you further about a career changing opportunity for the position outlined below.
The role: The Database Manager will lead the DBA team as a hands-on expert for our Groups360 platform and be the ‘Data’ Champion amongst other department teams made up of Architects, Software Engineers, Product Development, Scrum Masters, and DevOps personnel. This position should be familiar with the concepts of Agile/Scrum processes and be interested in participating in and helping to maintain that culture, leading by example. Experience with the following technologies: SQL Databases, NoSQL Databases, Data Warehousing, Data Modeling, ETL, Dashboarding, and Reporting.
What you will do:
- Translate business requirements into practical database designs and development plans for execution by the DBA team.
- Build and maintain a Data Warehouse that can accommodate current and future requirements.
- Lead data science initiatives.
- Oversee all dashboarding and reporting needs.
- Implement best practices to ensure optimal performance, scalability, stability, and security for all database technologies.
- Provide methodologies to ensure data integrity, consistency, and quality through continuous operational monitoring and audits.
- Ensure Groups360’s change management best practices are enforced for all DBA related activities and technologies.
- Responsible for all BC/DR procedures ensuring swift recovery of any lost data; troubleshoots and communicates database issues to stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for staying abreast of new database technologies and reporting scalability of database and capacity planning.
- Additional duties as required.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 5 + years of overall technology experience.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- 2+ years of Data Warehousing experience.
- 3+ years of AWS experience.
- Proficient in SQL (PostgreSQL and Redshift).
- Proficient in scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.).
- Familiar with dashboard tools such as Tableau/Quicksight/Power BI.
- Experience with Big Data and Spark is a plus.
- Experience with ETL workflow, data models and required reporting infrastructure.
- Proficient with report generation.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written and group communication and presentation skills; ability to utilize communication skills to effectively influence across functions and business units as well as across different leadership levels.
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-driven and execution-oriented personality, ready to take ownership and get results.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and Excel; specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts.
Core Business Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F; these hours may vary depending upon your position and work requirements.
Location: Brentwood, TN (IN-OFFICE POSITION)
(Company will not sponsor C2C or Work-related Visas)
Groups360 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.