This Data Engineer role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about technology, innovation, and solving complex issues for LBMC clients. You would be joining a progressive office in Nashville and receive mentorship from innovative team members and seasoned industry professionals. LBMC's Data Insights' division is a rapidly-growing analytics consulting practice, focusing on delivering high-end modern data platform and analytics solutions for customers across a variety of industries and sizes.
LBMC Data Engineers will work with LBMC Data Insights’ clients to build scalable and reliable reports and dashboards and hires will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, developers, and architects on a wide range of projects for sophisticated clients across the US. High-performing candidates have a clearly defined path for advancement to Senior Staff and upper-level management roles within LBMC. Fully remote work may be available to qualified candidates, but some travel may still be required as requested by clients.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Work with large, complex data sets to design and built ETL solutions in on-premise and cloud technologies
- Design and build solutions using SQL database technologies, Azure Common Data Services, SQL Server Analysis Services (Tabular model)
- Effectively communicate with internal team members and clients to ensure projects deliverables are completed effectively and on-time
- Provide documentation to clients for custom solutions built or technologies being deployed
- Provide pre-sales technical support to sales team including giving product demonstrations, outlining project scope, reiterating client deliverable specifications, detailing project solutions, etc.
- Provide thought leadership and LBMC brand awareness to the marketplace through participation in forums, user groups, and speaking in data platform and analytics-related conferences as comfortable
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor's or Associate’s in Information Technology, Computer Science, Analytics, or related fields
- 4+ years’ experience in BI, data engineering, or analytics-related roles
- 4+ years’ experience writing SQL, preferably experience in T-SQL
- Understanding of any of the following areas: relational databases, data structures, data modeling, data quality initiatives (scrubbing/prep)
- Exposure to data integration/ETL tools, specifically Microsoft Azure Data Factory and/or SSIS
- Exposure to Cloud Services (MS Azure, Azure Analytics Services, PowerBI, etc.)
- Desire for learning, problem solving, collaboration, technical advancement, etc.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with clients, team members, vendors, project stakeholders, leadership, etc.