Assistant Programs Director, Salesforce Database and IT Operations
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Assistant Programs Director, leading the Salesforce and IT operations of the Agency. This position is full-time and located at the Catholic Pastoral Center at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are generally 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday but some flexibility may be required outside of these hours.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for the network, software, and server infrastructure of the agency. This individual will be responsible for the maintenance of data and storage retrieval systems, troubleshooting database issues, implement database recovery procedures and security processes. With the assistance of the database and IT specialists’ team, the assistant director will play a vital role in maintaining and enhancing the agency’s current Salesforce application and other local and cloud operations. He/she will work closely with the senior leadership team to determine what the agency’s database needs are and what the agency can manage in house versus contracting with a third party. They will also manage the third-party vendor relationships.
To be successful in this role, this individual must be able to think outside of the box and present solutions with the wider organization’s best interest in mind. The Assistant Director will take ownership of all programmatic requests and oversee the agency’s IT inventory and needs throughout the agency with the assistance of an IT Manager. He/she will work alongside the senior leadership and executive teams to collaborate on specifications based on stakeholder requirements, validate the proposals, and deliver solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate closely with all levels of the agency to validate business requirements and any considerations (security, scalability, limitations, etc.).
- Uses all Salesforce automation tools with high proficiency including visual workflows, process builder, workflow rules and approval processes.
- Demonstrate technical leadership, setting best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing, and iterative refinement.
- Seeks out ways to use Salesforce to improve processes and productivity and make recommendations to support an agency scaling at a rapid pace.
- Develops sophisticated apps on the Salesforce platform with proficiency in the following skills: discovery, data modeling, creating custom data structures, automating processes, building reports and dashboard, and managing visibility, roles, and profiles.
- Work to integrate Salesforce with other applications used in the agency.
- Define, communicate, and manage a change management (release) process to develop and implement new applications/code and updates to existing applications/codes and updates to existing applications/code.
- Recommends staffing requirements and ensures that qualified personnel are hired, and a balanced workload is maintained.
- Conducts performance appraisals of staff under direct supervision according to agency guidelines and established personnel policies and reviews performance appraisals of all subordinate departmental staff conducted by their supervisor.
- Supervises, coordinates, and monitors the activities of database and IT staff, ensuring that all department requirements are met in accordance with appropriate program guidelines, agency policies and procedures.
- Manage third party consultants invoicing and billing. Will authorize check requests, manages revenue and expenses to ensure program viability and, ensures expenditures are appropriate for each grant program.
- Identify agency database needs and create and implements plans to execute in house or with a third-party contractor.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Executive Director of Programs, develops and regularly reviews the operating budget of the department.
- Ensures that all departmental records, reports, and documentation are maintained.
- Analyzes and reports on program activities.
- Serves as a member of the senior leadership team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in technical related field with 3-5 years’ experience administering a 10+ user Salesforce instance.
- Experience with integrating Salesforce with other applications.
- Understanding of and experience with Salesforce architecture and API.
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certification
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Competency in HTML, XML, Flex, ASP, SQL, Java, or C++ a plus
- Ability to foresee problems and be proactive in developing solutions.
- Experience in creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and demonstrates continued personal and professional development.
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently to meet deadlines.
- Technical project management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical users.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to work with diverse staff and clients.
Competitive salary based upon qualifications. Please email resume and cover letter to: Nichole Dingman at email@example.com.