Software Engineer Manager (Web Tech)
Available for the following locations: Remote | Nashville, TN | Louisville, KY
Hello, We're TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce and client base located across the globe. We’re growing and always interested in expanding our team with top talent...make sure to check out our perks and benefits listed below!
As the Software Engineering Manager, you are a leader that is comfortable managing a team’s activities, coaching direct reports, and collaborating with internal business customers as we develop and enhance the technologies that support our portfolio of 20+ websites with more than 10 million monthly visitors. TechnologyAdvice is a fast paced company that is growing quickly and we are looking for someone that will help to take our portfolio to the next level. As a master of both technology and leading people, you will help define and execute on a path to success.
There are enormous opportunities to create technology that will have a massive impact on the business. We currently utilize AWS, Cloudflare, WordPress, off the shelf and custom plugins, Google Analytics, and Google Ad Manager as the foundation for our websites while constantly evaluating ways to make our solution even more compelling. Far beyond our web presence, our traffic and resulting information provides invaluable insights throughout the other products and offerings at TechnologyAdvice. You will report to the Vice President of Technology.
How You'll Contribute…
- Lead a team of Engineers and Web Developers with a range of experience levels
- Support Audience Development, Marketing, and Content teams to create world-class websites that support overall company goals
- Foster a goal oriented environment with high accountability to move the team forward quickly
- Assist team members with evaluating project requirements, writing understandable code and documentation, and providing feedback on technical direction/architecture
- Provide incredible “Hero” level support to your business customers
- Lead or participate in internal initiatives with the potential for multiple concurrent projects while ensuring each is setup to appropriately leverage the team’s bandwidth and skillsets
- Participate in departmental recruiting, hiring, and onboarding activities
- Define and iterate until processes meet industry best practices related to security, scalability, and reliability of our portfolio
- Live our Core Values and encourage others to do the same while maintaining a healthy work / life balance
What You Bring…
- At least 3 years of management experience in a technical capacity
- At least 5 years of experience in front end web development
- Experience using Agile and/or Scrum methodologies to deliver projects
- Experience using WordPress and supporting technologies to host public websites at scale
- Experience implementing and leveraging data from site tagging and analytic solutions
- Driven self-starter that constantly assesses the situation and focuses on action to move the team forward
- Experience leveraging data to assess the effectiveness of the team and their associated impact on the business while turning those insights into action to drive continuous improvement
- Ability to quickly identify business problems and the changes needed to fix them
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Eager to learn and quick to contribute
- Knowledge of Amazon tooling (Redshift, EC2, RDS, etc.)
- Project Management experience
- Bachelors in a technology-related field
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and related CI/CD tooling
- Experience with a publisher or media organization including experience with relevant laws and regulations such as accessibility and privacy requirements
Why You Want Us...
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
To see all job openings and learn more, visit our Careers Page.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we follow all CDC and local protocol.