Senior Data Engineer
The Business Intelligence team has big plans for 2021 and beyond, and we need a great Data Engineer to help us accomplish our goals. As a company, data is the core of our business. We leverage our data to gain better insights into the technology buying market, drive more efficient conversations with technology buyers, help our sales team build programs for our clients that will produce the highest quality leads, and ultimately offer our data in new and innovative product offerings.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and enhancing our data infrastructure, data pipelines, and our data to drive value across the organization. Whether it’s improving the architecture and design of our data systems or helping to compile the necessary data to support a theory for a business stakeholder, you’ll be a go-to resource for data integration, complex SQL queries, and data exploration all in an effort to help our growing company move even faster.
YOUR DAY TO DAY AT TA:
- Create and maintain an architecture and series of data pipelines that support the data needs of the business
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements to meet short and long term data needs of the business such as automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability or improved cost
- Use a combination of Python, Data Pipeline tools, and/or SQL queries to produce reusable data assets that meet the needs of internal stakeholders
- Understand and analyze the data in context, ensuring the data or insights you provide not only meet the business need but make common sense
- Perform root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Support efforts to ensure data is appropriately secured and managed to meet compliance requirements
- Partner with Data Analyst and the business to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using Tableau, Excel, or similar tools
- Experience with Python
- Experience with ETL and Data Integration Tools such as FiveTran
- Robust knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to multitask
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives
- Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations
- High level of initiative, self-direction and accountability for actions
- Excellent time management and planning skills are essential
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Ability to thrive in a reactive environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in Data/Business Analytics
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, RDS, Redshift
TechnologyAdvice is one of those places where your career can grow in just about any way you’d like. The recipe is 1 part initiative and hard work + 1 part business need and impact = new role/title/path that fits yours and the business’ goals and objectives
BENEFITS & PERKS:
TechnologyAdvice team members benefit from an environment that encourages them to grow personally and professionally, with the support of a highly motivated team around them. On top of that, we also offer the following:
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with match
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- MacBook Pro or Windows notebook, your choice
- Weekly Career Development Meetings for your first 60 days
- Gym Membership reimbursement
- Bucket List Benefit
- Team Outings and Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Catered lunches 4 days a week
- Birthday celebrations
- Coffee, soda, snacks, ping pong, and beer on Fridays
TechnologyAdvice’s purpose is to create opportunities for technology buyers, technology vendors, our team members and our communities.
We are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
We work with vendors to grow their customer base through our unique lead generation, content creation, and digital advertising programs. These programs improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of their ideal customers using multiple touchpoints.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, and was recently named to the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies for four consecutive years. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards, as well as being honored as a Tennessee Top Workplace in 2019 and 2020.
Pre-employment screening required.