Mid-Level Software Engineer (Laravel/Vue)
Available for Remote - US I Nashville, TN I Louisville, KY location
We are looking for a few great software engineers in the Nashville area to join our team. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve as both individuals and as a team. If you are interested in being challenged, learning full-stack development, exploring DevOps, and experimenting with Machine Learning/AI, TechnologyAdvice may be the right next step in your career. When you’re not creating or maintaining business-critical software systems, you might be in a technical book club, or possibly playing a game or two of ping-pong. We are a Scrum-based Agile team that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our ideal candidate must maintain a high level of ownership and see assignments through to completion.
- Building feature-complete software solutions to meet User Story requirements
- Hands-on development, testing, debugging and ongoing maintenance of both new and existing code
- Author and maintains design documentation
- Organize workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Develop a working knowledge of the company's products and services in order to better understand internal client needs
- Ensure leadership is informed of schedules, timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations and all other information
- Interact with other key staff members on the design and execution of certain tasks
- Regularly participate in Peer Reviews for quality assurance and to maintain best practices
While your prior experience may vary, all TA engineers operate in the following technologies on a day to day basis:
- PHP / Laravel and Python
- Docker and Kubernetes
- 2+ years of experience building software
- Excellent programming, testing and debugging skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a cohesive Agile Scrum team environment
- Ability to learn new business processes or application nuances quickly
- Experience programming with modern web applications frameworks such as Vue.js or similar (React, Angular 2+)
- Experience with data processing and RESTful APIs in Python or PHP. Laravel experience is a plus
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and approaches
- Familiarity with Linux (Bash), Docker, AWS tools, Microservices Architecture Patterns, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment are all a plus
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Aside from an outstanding company culture that fosters innovative ideas, teamwork, professional growth, and friendly competition, we offer great benefits. You'll have the chance to work alongside fun, intelligent, and driven folks who believe in what we're doing at TA. We provide the following:
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off of your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Travel covered up to 4x per year for remote employees
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
TechnologyAdvice’s purpose is to create opportunities for technology buyers, technology vendors, our team members and our communities.
We are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
We work with vendors to grow their customer base through our unique lead generation, content creation, and digital advertising programs. These programs improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of their ideal customers using multiple touchpoints.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce located across the United States and a global client base.
In recent years, TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
At TA, we believe our differences make us stronger. We foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. Our DE&I committee hosts quarterly meetings and sessions to help us continually learn and grow. Our Core Values are: Be Transparent, Make Calculated Decisions, Crave Knowledge, Challenge Mediocrity, and Value Each Other.
Pre-employment screening required.
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we follow all CDC and local protocol.