Software Engineering Manager
Available for the following locations: Remote | Nashville, TN | Louisville, KY
Hello, We're TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce and client base located across the globe. We’re growing and always interested in expanding our team with top talent...make sure to check out our perks and benefits listed below!
As Software Engineering Manager, you are a leader that is comfortable managing a team’s activities, coaching direct reports, and collaborating with internal business customers as we develop and enhance the software that powers our business. TechnologyAdvice is a fast paced company that is growing very quickly. There are enormous opportunities to create technology that will have a massive impact on the business. As a master of both technology and leading people, you will help define and execute on a path to success.
We believe technology is a differentiator and we consistently strive to find the best technologies to make that a reality. We utilize Amazon Web Services, the latest DevOps tooling, top software patterns and frameworks, and whatever else we need to deliver incredible results to our business customers.
The team that this position will lead is building applications that manage our data. They are written mostly in Python and utilize modern Python practices and frameworks. Data engineering is a core competency of TechnologyAdvice, and this role will work closely with other leaders in our operations and engineering departments to implement improvements to our data processing and APIs that enable our company to do awesome things.
How You'll Contribute…
- Lead a team of Engineers with a range of experience levels
- Lead from a position of knowledge and experience
- Create and own processes in your areas of responsibility
- Provide incredible “Hero” level support to your business customers
- Manage multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously
- Ensure your team is fully equipped to do their best work
- Ensure your team maintains a healthy work/life balance
What You Bring…
- At least 2 years of management experience in a technical capacity
- At least 5 years of experience in a technology focused capacity
- Experience with Python
- Experience with MySQL and database optimization
- Experience with Amazon tooling (Redshift, EC2, RDS, SNS/SQS)
- Experience using Agile and/or Scrum methodologies to deliver projects
- Experience with a variety of Engineering tooling from data storage and processing to web applications
- General knowledge of business software (Google Suite, Excel, etc.)
- Driven self-starter that thrives in unpredictable situations
- Data driven to make decisions in the best interest of the company
- Ability to build processes and set standards for best practices
- Ability to quickly identify business problems and the changes need to fix them
- Eager to learn and quick to contribute
- Understanding of principles of data warehousing
- Understanding of principles of data science and machine learning
- Project Management experience
- Bachelors in a technology related field
- Experience with modern Python frameworks like Flask
Why You Want Us...
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
To see all job openings and learn more, visit our Careers Page.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we follow all CDC and local protocol.