Senior DevOps Engineer
Available for Remote - US I Nashville, TN I Louisville, KY location
Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? If you are passionate about technology and interested in joining a team of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo, you’ve found the right place. We are looking for people who enjoy creating tools to automate processes and are passionate about finding solutions to difficult problems.
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join our team. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve both as individuals and as a team. We are a Scrum-based Agile team that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our ideal candidate must maintain a high level of ownership and see assignments through to completion.
Our technology stack is built using microservice architecture in Python, PHP, and Vue.js. We use MySQL, Redshift, and Redis for data storage. We containerize and deploy with Kubernetes on AWS. We use Concourse for our CI/CD pipeline. We manage our infrastructure using Terraform. You will be responsible for service delivery, reliability, scalability, monitoring, and helping define all of this as immutable infrastructure-as-code.
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture
- Design, implement and maintain secure automation solutions for local, development, and production environments
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Manage our continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiency
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and systems monitoring
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Continue to keep the lights on (day-to-day administration)
- Help define, document, evolve and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Assist the development team in whatever way possible to allow them to be successful
- Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in a DevOps Role
- Strong programming skills in one or more scripting languages. Python preferred
- Strong experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with either AWS or GCP
- Experience with CI/CD implementation tools
- Strong experience working with Linux systems
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts
- Excellent time management and planning skills are essential
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Ability to thrive in a reactive environment
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
- Experience managing a large RDBMS like MySQL or Postgres
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Aside from an outstanding company culture that fosters innovative ideas, teamwork, professional growth, and friendly competition, we offer great benefits. You'll have the chance to work alongside fun, intelligent, and driven folks who believe in what we're doing at TA. We provide the following:
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off of your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Travel covered up to 4x per year for remote employees
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
TechnologyAdvice’s purpose is to create opportunities for technology buyers, technology vendors, our team members and our communities.
We are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
We work with vendors to grow their customer base through our unique lead generation, content creation, and digital advertising programs. These programs improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of their ideal customers using multiple touchpoints.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce located across the United States and a global client base.
In recent years, TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
At TA, we believe our differences make us stronger. We foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. Our DE&I committee hosts quarterly meetings and sessions to help us continually learn and grow. Our Core Values are: Be Transparent, Make Calculated Decisions, Crave Knowledge, Challenge Mediocrity, and Value Each Other.
Pre-employment screening required.