Cloud Systems Engineer
Who we are: Groups360 is a marketplace enabling more efficient commerce in group travel. Through its innovative technology, Groups360 reduces cost and complexity for both suppliers and consumers of group meeting services. This innovative, high-growth company seeks individuals with a team orientation, high work ethic and passion for solving customer obstacles.
Why you want to work for us: Groups360 strives to be an employer of choice, we offer competitive salaries, uncapped potential and we contribute to the cost of the fantastic benefit We offer: Medical, Dental & Vision, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, EAP and online discounts to a variety of goods and services, including identity theft protection, pet health insurance, travel, electronics, gifts, household needs and more!
We are looking for: Go-getters! People ready to move fast, be a part of something special! Are you a self-driven individual that likes to step up and take the reins of their respective position on a team? Do you like to make a difference? Would you like an opportunity that allows you to put your stamp on things? Do you like to know that you are on a team that values your contribution? Do you like knowing that you are appreciated and recognized for your individual contributions to the team? If you answered yes to the above questions, we would love to speak with you further about a career changing opportunity for the position outlined below.
The role: The Cloud Systems Engineer will work closely as part of the team to develop, plan, support and secure Group360’s production systems and infrastructure. This requires extensive knowledge of AWS, Linux administration, and DevOps practices and methodologies. In addition, this position will utilize the following technologies: Trend Micro Deep Security (IDS/IPS), SumoLogic (SIEM), SSO Technologies (AD, LDAP, SAML), Containerization, Automation, Scheduling and Batch systems.
What you will do:
- Provide technical support and resolves all technical issues; performs root cause analysis and drive them to completion for production platform and infrastructure.
- Participate in the design and engineering of production systems as it relates to standards around security, governance, compliance, and industry best practices.
- Responsible for ensuring all production systems are consistently kept up to date with relevant security patches.
- Participate in the continuous monitoring for security & health of all production systems and production networking.
- Participate in the Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery validation and testing of all production systems.
- Works with Development, Database, and QA teams for infrastructure needs.
- Assist in the automation and streamlining of production systems operations and processes via scripting.
- Build and maintain scripts and tooling for deployment and development needs.
- Responsible for owning and driving projects, from a technical standpoint, independently resolving issues and ensuring completion.
- Participate in the Governance and Compliance auditing for all production systems.
- Other job duties as required.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of technology experience, (i.e., Software Development, System Administration, Operations).
- 3+ years of supporting Cloud Based SaaS applications (AWS).
- 2+ years of Linux experience.
- Experience with provisioning scripting such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Pingdom, Datadog, Deep Security, Nagios, Zabbix, etc.
- Familiar with network and cloud security.
- Familiar with vulnerability scans and pen testings.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices and change management.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Strong empathy for customers via customer support.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent verbal, written and group communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational & analytical skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Additional qualifications as required.
Location: Brentwood, TN (in-office)
Groups360 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.