Azure Cloud Engineer
LBMC TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
Over the past year, LBMC has been in growth mode receiving accolades including being named 2021 Best Firms for Technology by Accounting Today and recognized as one of the 2021 Best Workplaces by Consulting & Professional Services (#35 nationally). Accounting Today also named LBMC as a Top 5 Pacesetter for Growth after adding more than 25% to our workforce during COVID. LBMC values hiring dedicated and passionate individuals seeking a stable career in a collaborative team environment. If you have an innate curiosity for solving problems and creating solutions for end-users — LBMC is the place for you!
LBMC is based in Nashville and we have industry-leading benefits including both remote and in-person work options, dynamic technology solutions, financial incentives for training and certifications, and curated professional growth organizations such as the Women’s Initiative Network, Lending Hands community initiative, Rising Stars Training, Young Professionals Group, and robust Talent Development offerings.
This Azure Cloud Engineer role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about technology and innovation and is looking to join a highly collaborative team. You would be joining a progressive office in Nashville and receive mentorship from seasoned industry professionals to support the LBMC Family of Companies. LBMC Internal IS team members will a focus on implementing and maintaining technologies provided within Azure to further the technology goals of LBMC. This will include, but may not be limited to, the IaaS and PaaS spaces and being available for “on-call” systems support. Fully remote work may be available to qualified candidates, but preference will be given to team members with the ability to work on-site.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Development and support LBMC’s Azure cloud infrastructure, acting as SME for IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Deploy and Maintain Azure VMs, configuring resources according to approved security policies
- Implement appropriate monitoring, DR, and recovery models
- Collaborate with other IS Team members to achieve planned business goals, meet project deadlines, and assist with general engineering tasks as required.
- Support the implementation and testing of Engineering team projects
- Create documentation to develop standards and controls for the Azure based Infrastructure and oversee maintenance of system documentation/system diagrams
- Participate in the Engineering On-Call rotation and communicate the status of work tickets with engineering and Desktop Support team members
- Adheres to LBMC’s defined processes and procedures including the firm's policy on privacy and client confidentiality.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/Systems, Cyber Security, or a related discipline
- 4+ years of work experience in an IT Engineering role
- 2+ years managing Azure Infrastructure
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, evenings, and weekends as required to support security issues. Light travel may also be required to support other LBMC office sites.
- High performing candidates will also have the majority of the following skills: ability to multitask while working collaboratively in a greater team environment, a detail-oriented mindset, strong judgement and ability to make impactful decisions on the fly, and a focus on continuously improving your technical skillset
Diversity and Inclusion at LBMC
Commitment to our team members, clients, and the communities in which we work. At LBMC, our mission of delivering the best to our clients and each other every day is rooted in our unique differences. Our engagement, growth and success are at their best when team members have equal opportunity and are included. Diversity brings value to LBMC by connecting us with our community and driving innovation.
*LBMC provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.*