Mid-Senior Backend Engineer
What We Do
EvidenceCare is revolutionizing healthcare by providing decision-based support applications that integrate into vendor EHRs. Our applications help improve care and reduce costs in ways that are meaningful for patients, providers, payers, and healthcare institutions.
What is Our Culture Like
Organizationally we iterate quickly and give engineers the autonomy to make day-to-day decisions without asking for permission. Every engineer has shared ownership of our code. Our engineers embrace using automation where possible. We require being respectful with each other and transparent. We encourage a healthy work-life balance, provide unlimited PTO to our teams, and the ability to work remotely from where you desire.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a mid to senior backend engineer who will help solution and build our core backend for healthcare decision-based web applications used in hospitals across the United States. You will work on a small team that will empower you to have an impactful voice on key decisions and chosen technologies. On a daily basis you will be carrying out some of the tasks as listed below:
- Build new integrations with 3rd party vendors.
- Monitor performance and system health using tools like DataDog.
- Participate on an agile scrum team operating on bi-weekly sprints.
- Create and enrich various backend services that interact with our frontend healthcare applications.
- Collaborate and pair with teammates to ensure you are a multiplying force on the team.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, et al. or a great portfolio of building web-based applications.
- 4+ years experience creating or maintaining backend services for web-applications.
- Proficiency in NodeJS, and ability to write tests and clean code.
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL data stores.
- Experience with Docker.
- Ability to design and build from scratch.
- Skilled at jumping into an existing code base and building on top of it.
- Proactive and clear communication abilities.
- Appreciates and can write documentation
- You are an engineer that will is willing to iterate and do what it takes to ship.
Strong Candidates Have
- 5+ years experience creating or maintaining backend services for web-applications while leveraging AWS cloud services.
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with Express and idempotency.
- Knowledge of EHR vendor systems Epic and Cerner.
- Strong ability to think big picture and about the entire ecosystem.