Director, Software Engineering
Who we are: Groups360 is a marketplace enabling more efficient commerce in group travel. Through its innovative technology, Groups360 reduces cost and complexity for both suppliers and consumers of group meeting services. This innovative, high-growth company seeks individuals with a team orientation, high work ethic and passion for solving customer obstacles.
Why you want to work for us: Groups360 strives to be an employer of choice, we offer competitive salaries, uncapped potential and we contribute to the cost of the fantastic benefit We offer: Medical, Dental & Vision, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits, EAP and online discounts to a variety of goods and services, including identity theft protection, pet health insurance, travel, electronics, gifts, household needs and more!
We are looking for: Go-getters! People ready to move fast, be a part of something special! Are you a self-driven individual that likes to step up and take the reins of their respective position on a team? Do you like to make a difference? Would you like an opportunity that allows you to put your stamp on things? Do you like to know that you are on a team that values your contribution? Do you like knowing that you are appreciated and recognized for your individual contributions to the team? If you answered yes to the above questions, we would love to speak with you further about a career changing opportunity for the position outlined below.
The role: The Director, Software Engineering directs and oversees the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications according to business needs. Establishes policies and procedures that produce high-quality software products and services. The Director, Software Engineering should demonstrate excellent technical and communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and a have solid foundation in software design. This position will be responsible for managing teams of engineers and developers, collaborating with product managers, as well as guiding the Company’s product vision and maintaining compliance with quality standards.
What you will do:
- Lead software development efforts for a group of development teams to position the Company for success.
- Collaborate with senior technical leaders on strategy and vision of departmental goals and initiatives.
- Manage work products and artifacts delivered by outsourced teams to ensure compliance with Groups360 standards and specifications.
- Responsible for the assessment of technology trends, technology strategy and technology gaps, and contributing to the development of our current and future enterprise technology strategy.
- Recommend technological development and improvements on efficiency when required.
- Assist CTO with enterprise budget, ensuring compliance with department financial objectives.
- Manage software engineering schedules and resource allocations.
- Partner with the Product team and other customer-focused teams to plan, build and develop products that enhance the Company’s product offerings.
- Promote the technical vision, philosophy, policies, procedures, and best practices throughout the department.
- Maintain department compliance to security policies and procedures.
- Ensure department is maintaining consistency with the product platform.
- Assist software development team to attain optimal team performance through removing technical obstacles.
- Hire, develop, train, and retain, technical talent.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience required. MBA or other master's level degree preferred.
- 10 + years of development experience.
- 7 + experience with web/cloud-oriented solutions.
- 5 + years management experience.
- Extensive experience in RESTful API’s and integrations.
- Familiar with modern dynamic OO language.
- Familiar with cloud security, OWASP Top 10.
- Familiar with ReactJS, Redux, and React Hooks.
- Familiar with the concepts involved with Design Patterns.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Proficient in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written and group communication and presentation skills; ability to utilize communication skills to effectively influence across functions and business units as well as across different leadership levels.
- Excellent leadership, organizational & analytical skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-driven and execution-oriented personality, ready to take ownership and get results.
- Strong empathy for customers and a passion for revenue and growth.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint and Excel; specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts.
- Other qualifications as required.
Core Business Hours:?8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. M-F; these hours may vary depending upon your position and work requirements.
Location: Brentwood, TN (In-Office Position)
(Company will not sponsor C2C or Work-related Visas)
Groups360 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.