Developer Relations Manager
Asurion’s product development teams are focused on helping people love and get the most from technology. We’re a strong team of product-oriented developers, therefore we don’t just write code – we analyze the impact we have on users and measure it obsessively. Using cutting edge technology combined with great methodologies around continuous integration & deployment, code is pushed to production every day. Supporting about 280 million customers means we face some fascinating challenges around scale, user experience and quality.
Engineers are the lifeblood of Asurion. As a tech company – our innovation, speed, and quality are dependent on continually growing our network of engineers. This role is responsible for establishing a strategy that propels Asurion’s reputation as a destination for great engineers. This will be achieved through external partnerships, internal programs, speaking at conferences, and cultivating a community of world class engineers.
Learn more about our culture at: https://asur.me/engineering_culture
Learn more about our team at: http://solutonashville.com/
What you’ll do:
- Establish and shape Asurion’s developer community from scratch.
- Plan the department’s participation in conferences, meetups, hackathons, volunteer efforts, etc. and cultivate attendance and presentations from the internal team.
- Lead Engineering’s PR and social media, including the creation of content for our engineering blog, our ‘about us’ site, our social media accounts, and our careers site.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Recruiting on our talent marketing and recruiting strategy to increase organic applications to our career postings.
- Own the engineering onboarding process that helps a new hire be set up for success.
- Shape and influence the engineering culture by organizing team building activities, guest speakers, and internal events.
Who you are:
- Experience cultivating and growing developer communities.
- Experience increasing employer brand awareness and utilizing various digital and in-person mechanisms to generate buzz and excitement.
- Experience embedding in engineering teams and partnering with engineers to create content, and to engage in external events.
- A storyteller, highly creative, energetic, and communicative; with good writing and presentation skills
- A technical background and a passion for engineering culture, languages, tools, etc.
- A data driven, KPI mindset with a history of using a test-and-learn approach to drive incremental results