Cyber Security Staff Consultant
This Cybersecurity Consultant role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about technology and innovation and is looking to step into a highly visible role with a diverse set of clients across the US. You would be joining a progressive office in Nashville and receive mentorship from innovative team members and seasoned industry professionals. This team is highly collaborative, so if mentorship and the opportunity to work on high-level security projects are what you’re seeking in your next role, please reach out!
LBMC Cybersecurity Consultant team members will typically be assigned to rotating client accounts and complete consulting projects based on client needs and stakeholder timelines, so this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work in a fast-paced environment where no two weeks are the same. High-performing candidates have a clearly defined path for advancement to Senior Staff and upper-level management roles within LBMC. Fully remote work may be available to qualified candidates, but some travel may still be required as requested by clients.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Assess security and privacy programs and strategies using industry frameworks (e.g. NIST CSF, ISO, CIS, HIPPA, GDPR, etc.) and perform Security and Privacy risk assessments against a standardized methodology
- Document and design solutions to remediate gaps or enhance maturity of specific security and privacy capabilities and recommend sustainable processes to enable our clients to achieve business goals and mitigate risks.
- Act as a Cybersecurity Consultant to clients; evaluating organizational security processes, providing insight to overall security strategies, presenting solutions to complex security and privacy issues, and providing ongoing communication to clients during assessment timeframes
- Thoroughly organize, review, and assess documentation provided by clients to gain insight and understanding of the client’s environment
- Once comfortable, being leading meetings with clients to establish assessment scope and scale. Demonstrate strong analytical, quantitative, and investigative skills to gather important information for documentation and proposal purposes
- Complete assigned tasks/client engagement deliverables with accuracy within the time frames established by the client and communicated through engagement leadership
- Under the direction of Senior Leadership and Consulting Team Mentors, Works diligently building relationships with key stakeholders at client organizations to continue to foster a long-term partnership between the LBMC Risk and Technology Departments and external clients. High-performing individuals will be alert to client needs for the possible expansion of services to other LBMC service lines
- Adheres to LBMC’s defined processes and procedures including the firm's policy on privacy and client confidentiality.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Security, Systems, Assurance or a related discipline
- 6 months+ of cybersecurity consulting work experience (external, client-facing roles)
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues related to security, privacy, and data protection, such as HIPAA, NIST, GDPR, ISO, etc. (NIST CSF, ISO 27001/27002, NIST 800 series of publications knowledge is a plus
- Basic familiarity with key information security capabilities, including but not limited to IAM, PAM, Logging and Monitoring, Vulnerability and Patch Management, Incident Response, Asset Management, Vendor Risk Management, etc.
- Strong presentation, attention to detail, documentation, and collaboration skills
LBMC CONSULTING WORK ENVIORNMENT
- Successful candidates will be working in a team environment with work performed in the company's office, remotely at client sites throughout the United States, or at a home office. This team is based in Nashville but allows candidates to sit anywhere in the United States
- Overnight travel will be required (the amount varies depending on client assignments), but candidates can expect to be gone no more than 40% of the time. Consulting travel typically adheres to the “3/4/5 Model”, with three (3) nights in the hotel, four (4) days at the client site and the fifth (5) day at the office / work from home