Cyber Security Senior Consultant
LBMC TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
Over the past year, LBMC has been in growth mode receiving accolades including being named 2021 Best Firms for Technology by Accounting Today and recognized as one of the 2021 Best Workplaces by Consulting & Professional Services (#35 nationally). Accounting Today also named LBMC as a Top 5 Pacesetter for Growth after adding more than 25% to our workforce during COVID. LBMC values hiring individuals with a growth mindset and are looking to add to our industry-leading technology consulting practice, so if you have an innate curiosity for solving problems and creating solutions—LBMC is the place for you!
LBMC is based in Nashville and we have industry-leading benefits including both remote and in-person work options, dynamic technology solutions, financial incentives for training and certifications, and curated professional growth organizations such as the Women’s Initiative Network, Lending Hands community initiative, Young Professionals group, and robust Talent Development offerings.
This Senior Cybersecurity Consultant role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about technology and innovation and is looking to step into a highly visible role with a diverse set of clients across the US. You would be joining a progressive office in Nashville and receive mentorship from innovative team members and seasoned industry professionals. This team is highly collaborative, so if mentorship and the opportunity to work on high-level security projects are what you’re seeking in your next role, please reach out!
LBMC Senior Cybersecurity Consultant team members will typically be assigned to rotating client accounts and complete consulting projects based on client needs and stakeholder timelines, so this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work in a fast-paced environment where no two weeks are the same. High-performing candidates have a clearly defined path for advancement to upper-level management and Shareholder roles within LBMC. Fully remote work may be available to qualified candidates, but travel will be required as requested by clients.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Assess security and privacy programs and strategies using industry frameworks (e.g. NIST CSF, ISO, CIS, HIPPA, GDPR, etc.) and perform Security and Privacy risk assessments against a standardized methodology
- Document and design solutions to remediate gaps or enhance maturity of specific security and privacy capabilities and recommend sustainable processes to enable our clients to achieve business goals and mitigate risks.
- Act as a Cybersecurity Consultant to clients; evaluating organizational security processes, providing insight to overall security strategies, presenting solutions to complex security and privacy issues, and providing ongoing communication to clients during assessment timeframes
- Thoroughly organize, review, and assess documentation provided by clients to gain insight and understanding of the client’s environment
- Lead Cyber Security consulting engagements including security risk assessments, remediation planning, security program development and implementation. Direct all engagement services, demonstrate strong technical expertise, and use creative problem-solving methods to ensure all deliverables are met within established timeframes
- Offer mentorship opportunities to Staff and Intern Team Members to continually foster a supportive culture of learning and development
- Works diligently building relationships with key stakeholders at client organizations to continue to foster a long-term partnership between the LBMC Risk and Technology Departments and external clients. High-performing individuals will be alert to client needs for the possible expansion of services to other LBMC service lines
- Adheres to LBMC’s defined processes and procedures including the firm's policy on privacy and client confidentiality.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Security, Systems, Assurance or a related discipline
- 2+ years as a Cybersecurity, Risk, or Assurance Consultant (Big4 experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance issues related to security, privacy, and data protection, such as HIPAA, NIST, GDPR, ISO, etc. (NIST CSF, ISO 27001/27002, NIST 800 series of publications knowledge)
- Relevant IT certifications (CISA, CISSP, or related)
LBMC CONSULTING WORK ENVIORNMENT
- Successful candidates will be working in a team environment with work performed in the company's office, remotely at client sites throughout the United States, or at a home office. This team is based in Nashville but allows candidates to sit anywhere in the United States
- Willingness and ability to travel 40-50% of the time is required (COVID has lessened current travel requirements, but we do expect clients to request on-site visits to begin soon). Our travel typically adheres to the “3/4/5 Model”, with three (3) nights in the hotel, four (4) days at the client site and the fifth (5) day at the office / work from home
Diversity and Inclusion at LBMC
Commitment to our team members, clients, and the communities in which we work. At LBMC, our mission of delivering the best to our clients and each other every day is rooted in our unique differences. Our engagement, growth and success are at their best when team members have equal opportunity and are included. Diversity brings value to LBMC by connecting us with our community and driving innovation.
*LBMC provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.*