Senior Business / Data Analyst
- Reporting to the Director of Administrative Systems, the Senior Business / Data Analyst (SBDA) is responsible for leading activities related to business process design, data integration and data analytics in support of strategic data-driven decision-making. Our enrollment practice will be a core focus for this role.
- This role provides leadership for the enrollment systems implementation and improvement; and works collaboratively with the enrollment staff to maintain and develop necessary functionality and bridges to other university databases such as Campus Nexus/Anthology.
- The SBDA is responsible for assessing and fine-tuning the enrollment database and related reporting systems to optimize efficiency and capacity to provide individualized and highly personal support to and communication with both internal and external constituents.
- The SBDA will provide consulting regarding the utilization of database features and data analytics with and for our enrollment/admissions team and other departments as prioritized.
- The individual must have the ability to analyze, interpret and communicate complex data and present complex ideas to technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work independently, maintain strict confidentiality and data integrity. Strong analytical skills, ability to multitask, attention to detail and work to aggressive deadlines is of great importance. Excellent project and time management skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to professionally interact and communicate with internal and external constituents. A motivated, collaborative, and enthusiastic work style.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience that includes experience with data management, interpretation, visualization, and business process improvement.
- Preference will be given to those who have worked in enrollment related areas or in institutional research at a higher education institution.
- Experience with SQL, advanced Microsoft Excel experience. Experience with Student Information Systems (preferably Campus Nexus/Anthology), CRM (Technolutions Slate) systems, Google Analytics, or similar analytics solutions. Experience with Tableau/Power BI a plus.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the data integrity of the CRM by testing and researching all new CRM enhancements.
- Troubleshooting issues across the system; developing and enhancing Slate best practices; anticipating and communicating future technical needs associated w/outside vendors; providing necessary documentation, training, and timely updates for enrollment staff as well as university stakeholders; and serving as a liaison between Enrollment and IT.
- Managing and supporting all application configuration changes as well as coordinating broad integration with other university software and systems.
- Serving as a resource for retrieving enrollment data, including generating queries and reports. Facilitate the development of core business processes to support business needs and cross departmental integration.
- Providing high level project planning and analysis in order to successfully implement and transform core processes in the enrollment lifecycle.
- Communicating to the leadership team any issues or potential improvements to process, efficiency or increased capacity that comes from data analyses.
- Serving as enrollment liaison to campus-wide technology workshops and meetings and communicating technical needs to support daily business practices.
- Attending conferences and other appropriate professional development opportunities to aid in performing required position responsibilities.
- Maintaining contemporary knowledge of admission programs and procedures to effectively implement the technology required to support programs, data analysis and reporting, and strategic goals. Staying abreast of best practices in enrollment to leverage the CRM technology to meet these standards. Become the subject matter expert (SME) for enrollment processes.
- Working with staff to identify and carry out approved data projects and reporting to enhance the effectiveness of admissions activities and best practices.
- Reviewing and revising documentation of existing and new processes for enrollment staff and users. Acting as the entry point for tracking requests for new functionality and system changes throughout the calendar year. This includes representing the enrollment space in prioritization conversations.
- In consultation with the Vice President, prioritizing team projects and enhancements to system capabilities and improving office workflow efficiency.