Available for Remote - US I Nashville, TN I Louisville, KY location
The Business Intelligence team has big plans for 2021 and beyond, and we need a great Data Analyst to help us accomplish our goals. We leverage our data to gain better insights into the technology buying market, drive more efficient conversations with technology buyers, help our sales team build programs for our clients that will produce the highest quality leads, and ultimately offer our data in new and innovative product offerings.
As a Data Analyst, your job is to find the truth in the data. You’ll be responsible for ensuring data/reporting requests for the organization are met quickly and accurately. You will use your analytic skills to provide insight into the process of fulfilling Lead-Gen efforts. You will be the go-to for gathering data to help improve the efficiency of the Operations team.
You’ll be the go-to for everything from the most basic Excel formatting request, elaborate and sometimes fancy Tableau reports, and complex SQL queries. You’ll coordinate the data flow from our internal systems to our internal stakeholders.
YOUR DAY TO DAY AT TA:
- Meet with the BI team each morning to catch up on priorities and review data requests
- Work with the operations team to completely understand their processes. With that understanding, identify data-driven solutions to increase the efficiency of our Lead-Gen efforts
- Build dashboards and reports that provide valuable insights
- Troubleshoot and catch errors in SQL queries that don’t produce expected results, ensuring the data or insights you provide not only meet the business need but make common sense
- Identify gaps in data collection needed to support analytical endeavors
- Communicate data nuances and insights with internal stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Utilize data findings to educate key stakeholders on trends and strategic implications
- 1-4 years professional experience or equivalent
- Experience with SQL is a must
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to multitask
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives
- Must be flexible with a “can-do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high-pressure situations
- High level of initiative, self-direction, and accountability for actions
- Excellent time management and planning skills are essential
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Ability to thrive in a reactive environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Analytics preferred
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Experience with Python is a plus
PERKS AND BENEFITS:
Aside from an outstanding company culture that fosters innovative ideas, teamwork, professional growth, and friendly competition, we offer great benefits. You'll have the chance to work alongside fun, intelligent, and driven folks who believe in what we're doing at TA. We provide the following:
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- MacBook Pro or PC laptop, your choice
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off of your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Travel covered up to 4x per year for remote employees
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
TechnologyAdvice’s purpose is to create opportunities for technology buyers, technology vendors, our team members and our communities.
We are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
We work with vendors to grow their customer base through our unique lead generation, content creation, and digital advertising programs. These programs improve product awareness by placing matched solutions in front of their ideal customers using multiple touchpoints.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce located across the United States and a global client base.
In recent years, TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
At TA, we believe our differences make us stronger. We foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. Our DE&I committee hosts quarterly meetings and sessions to help us continually learn and grow. Our Core Values are: Be Transparent, Make Calculated Decisions, Crave Knowledge, Challenge Mediocrity, and Value Each Other.
Pre-employment screening required.