Senior Data Engineer (Python)
Available for the following locations: Remote | Nashville, TN | Louisville, KY
Hello, We're TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we are dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting buyers and sellers of business technology. As a trusted resource across hundreds of technology verticals, our unbiased research and crowd-sourced product reviews help buyers find the right software to grow their business.
TechnologyAdvice has been named as one of the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies four times, as well as inclusion in the Inc Best Workplaces list for 2021. In 2019, TechnologyAdvice received a Nashville Business Journal Small Business Award and was named the Market Mover in the Nashville Chamber’s NEXT Awards. We are also a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards.
TechnologyAdvice is based in Nashville, Tenn, with a diverse workforce and client base located across the globe. We’re growing and always interested in expanding our team with top talent...make sure to check out our perks and benefits listed below!
The Engineering team has big plans for 2021 and beyond, and we need a great Senior Data Engineer to help us accomplish our goals. As a company, data is the core of our business. We leverage our data to gain better insights into the technology buying market, drive more efficient conversations with technology buyers, and ultimately offer our data in new and innovative product offerings.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the software that provides the data for most of our business. You will help architect a platform that supports the entire business’s data needs. You will be a go-to resource for data integration, complex Python questions, and database optimization all in an effort to help our growing company move even faster.
How You'll Contribute…
- Building feature-complete software solutions to meet User Story requirements
- Hands-on development, testing, debugging, and ongoing maintenance of both new and existing code
- Author and maintains design documentation
- Organize workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Develop a working knowledge of the company's data, products, and services in order to better understand internal and external client needs
- Ensure leadership is informed of schedules, timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations, and all other information
- Interact with other key staff members on the design and execution of certain tasks
- Regularly participate in Peer Reviews for quality assurance and to maintain best practices
- Perform root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
What You Bring…
- 5+ Years building applications with Python
- Excellent programming, testing, and debugging skills
- Robust knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL
- Must be flexible with a “can-do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high-pressure situations
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to multitask
- Excellent time management and planning skills are essential
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Ability to thrive in a reactive environment
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in Data/Business Analytics
- Experience with ETL and Data Integration Tools such as FiveTran
- Familiarity with Linux, Docker, AWS tools, Microservices Architecture Patterns, and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
Why You Want Us...
- Remote/hybrid/in-office work options
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Flexible PTO, take time off when you need it!
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Ongoing Career Development Meetings
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Subscription to the Headspace App
- Bucket List Benefit: We financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Monthly Team Outings and Quarterly Volunteer Opportunities
- Professional development opportunities and incentives
- Beer on Fridays! It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere…
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and more
- Coffee, snacks, ping pong, and catered lunches 4 days a week in office
To see all job openings and learn more, visit our Careers Page.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.
TechnologyAdvice is committed to the safety and wellness of each of our employees. In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we follow all CDC and local protocol.