Director of Administrative Systems
Directing and managing a team of IT professionals to provide development support, business analysis and project management for the core systems used by Lipscomb University.
The Director of Administrative Systems will be an individual who understands the need for technical prowess balanced with strong ability to understand the business issues or problems to be solved.
Core understanding of the culture at Lipscomb University and the willingness to embrace the opportunity to impact students, faculty and staff is key to this role.
Strong, collaborative, energetic individual with a deep personal commitment to the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism. Attention to detail accompanied with an organized methodology of accomplishing goals is critical.
Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and representatives of the business community.
A transparent, upbeat, results-oriented individual who demonstrates the ability to work well with people at all levels of an organization, warmly develops relationships with diverse constituencies, and simultaneously employs keen judgment
Other duties this role will manage:
- Manages the developers, business analysts, project managers and database personnel that support and maintain core systems at Lipscomb
- Responsible for the operation and support for various environments including test, production, and disaster recovery platforms.
- Will serve as a primary point of contact for IT going out to the Lipscomb community to understand issues, problems, and requirements for new projects.
- Responsible for budget planning, spend control, contract maintenance, and financial issues relating to administrative systems
- Aids the CIO in strategic planning process activities and progress monitoring as it relates to administrative systems.
- Constantly strives to make the administrative systems group better equipped to serve by scheduled training and collaboration learning sessions with other universities.
- Collaborates with the rest of the CIO Staff to ensure appropriate planning and execution of support plans for all IT initiatives. Including the understanding of the culture and maturity model as we seek to improve in many facets of our discipline.
- Surveys the campus population regularly to solicit feedback for continuous improvement of IT capabilities.
- Capable of providing the management skills needed to drive the administrative systems organization to meet the CIO set goals for IT, while also being active in hands-on support work and selective development.
- Must be well respected with all colleges and departments within the university. Must be the organization’s role model for excellence in customer service.
- Responsible for all projects involving Administrative Systems and will strive to keep all projects on schedule and on budget