NTC Event Communications Coordinator
The Greater Nashville Technology Council is a member organization, that serves as the leading voice and advocate for Middle Tennessee’s $7.5 billion information technology ecosystem; and the 50,000 technology professionals who design, implement, manage, and safeguard the technology that powers our region’s economy. Our mission is to strengthen and advance the technology sector by bringing together companies, philanthropies, government, universities, and talent to create opportunity and growth.
The Greater Nashville Technology Council (NTC) is seeking a full-time Event Communications Coordinator eager to engage and promote in Nashville’s thriving technology community. The successful candidate will be self-starter that looks for new opportunities to engage with NTC members, partners, and our general tech community; someone comfortable with producing promotional and informative written and illustrative narratives about NTC members, programming, and initiatives; technically savvy to produce and plan the sharing of marketing content to target audiences via NTC’s online and in-real-life outlets including our websites, mass and targeted email, social media posts, print, and on-screens.
Manage and Produce Marketing Communications Including
- NTC events and programming – promotion of all aspects of the event, speaker submission opportunities, speakers, sponsors, and capturing content at the event to share and engage with audiences in real-time on social media during the event; assist in coordination of event tangibles (e.g. name tags, lanyards, swag bags) for hybrid or in-person events; assist with creation and coordination of event registration pages; promotion of volunteer opportunities for NTC Foundation-related events and programs; serve as Tech Hill Commons Event Space liaison for any hybrid or in-person NTC events; assist in promotion and coordination of Peer Group events and meetings
- NTC promotional opportunities – promoting NTC member, partner, and tech community announcements, events, and services via websites, newsletter marketing, dedicated email marketing, social media marketing, venue marketing, and print.
- Assist with the production of materials used to market NTC promotional opportunities, event sponsorships, Tech Hill Commons venue room rental, etc.
- Assist with the production and marketing of the NTC Annual Report, partner whitepapers, and reports
- Assist with the production of presentation and event slide decks
- Liaising with and managing the work of external communications and marketing partners to produce graphic elements, reports, and other content.
Experience or Adapting to Ins-and-Outs of Communications Tools, including the following, is a plus
- MemberZone CMS and Calendar Events
- Constant Contact
- Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, etc
- Google Apps Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Graphic design software
Ideal Candidate Possesses
· Excellent communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills
· An openness to learn
· Attention to detail with a dedication to being organized by planning and developing consistent processes
· An ability to think creatively to produce unique versions of similar types of content
· The ability to multi-task across multiple assignments
· Passion for engaging with the public and promoting our region
· Track record of owning your goals and consistently surpassing them
· Self-motivation and able to work successfully in a fast-paced, nimble, and changing work environment
· Organizational and time management skills
· Strong comfort level in planning and leading meetings/presentations for all audiences
· Full-time, exempt position based in Nashville, TN
· Positive and fun work and an opportunity to grow professionally
· Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience
· Comprehensive benefits package: 401k, health, dental, vision, insurance
· Generous flexible time off and holiday leave