Adventure Science Center’s purpose is to transform lives through extraordinary experiences in science and innovation, and our vision is to become a nationally renowned destination science center. Adventure Science Center provides powerful exhibitions and inspiring programs with exceptional guest experiences that deepen the engagement of all ages in science and science-related disciplines. The science center supports STEAM education and workforce development through industry collaboration by presenting science in an engaging, innovative manner.
The Marketing Coordinator will help implement and envision the organization’s marketing, communications, and advertising activities; including copywriting, digital/social media, graphic design, and marketing-related administrative duties and project management. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is highly collaborative with the ability to think creatively, work efficiently, and communicate effectively.
- Coordinate and produce copy across a wide variety of digital channels; including social media, website, advertising, email, and on-site signage. Collaborate with team members from all departments to ensure accurate and consistent messaging.
- Design and deploy email marketing campaigns for Adventure Science Center programs and events (i.e., exhibit openings; public and school programming; special events; and the Sudekum Planetarium).
- Provide ongoing data analysis, research, and reporting on marketing efforts.
- Manage email database on a monthly basis using ticketing and membership system.
- Provide administrative support to Brand & Marketing Manager and VP of Marketing & Communications.
- Submit and maintain ASC events and activities on community calendars and publications.
- Facilitate the distribution of ad campaigns to partners and manage vendor communication to ensure submission timeliness.
- Produce graphics and visual designs for marketing materials; including infographics, email headers, posters, direct mail, exhibit materials, social media, and other marketing collateral.
- Organize and maintain the department’s assets.
- Assist with content development and execution for all ASC social media platforms; including designing graphics, capturing photo and video assets on-site as needed, and writing copy.
- Maintain an organized social media calendar that aligns with the overall marketing strategy and helps meet department goals.
- Help manage engagement and online reputation monitoring across social platforms with the goals of increasing attendance at Adventure Science Center and maintaining a high standard of guest service and employing a test, measure, and repeat mentality in all things with the ability to adapt and expand accordingly.
- Maintain calendar of marketing, advertising, public relations, digital media, and design projects
- Other duties, as assigned
- Reliable, organized, and motivated
- Ability to learn fast and stay organized
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Enthusiasm and appreciation for the value of museums and informal science education
- Ability to set priorities, manage simultaneous projects, and meet deadlines in a calm and efficient manner
- Driven to seek out and learn new skills, techniques, and tools
- Ability to foster and maintain cooperative, collaborative, and effective work relationships in a cross-functional team environment with management, staff, vendors, clients, members, and guests
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience: Minimum of one to two (1 to 2) years of marketing & communications experience; including digital/social media management and graphic design
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud; including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Familiarity with social media best practices; including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- The ability to work events at various hours, including evenings and weekends, is required
- Adobe Creative Tools: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Emma Email Marketing
- Google Suite: Google Analytics, Google AdWords
- Social Platforms: Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Qualified candidates will go through an application process, interview process and must successfully complete a background check.
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet qualifications, submit a cover letter (outlining experience and how it relates to the job description), resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Electronic submission is required for all materials. To expedite processing, please reference “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line of your message. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications received, we will only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Adventure Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer