Tech Education Workshop
Connecting the Classroom to the Workforce
The intent of the workshop is to connect tech educators with people who hire and manage entry level talent with the goal of identifying opportunities for educators to better prepare students for a seamless transition to the workplace. Where are opportunities to better prepare students for their first job?
We will have breakout sessions to discuss:
- Professionalism: How to get students ready for Day 1
- Computer Science for Tennessee Legislation: How can the business community support teachers and schools?
- Student Internships and Teacher Externships: How can we do more?
- Increasing Awareness of Tech Careers: How do we more effectively plug in volunteers?
- Who: Managers with entry-level employees on their teams and Tech Educators
- Where: Tech Hill Commons, 500 Interstate Blvd, South, Suite 210, Nashville, TN 37210
- When: December 2nd 8:30am -12:30pm
- Light breakfast and lunch served