Name: CompTIA Network+
Date: February 25, 2019 - March 1, 2019
Registration: Sorry, public registration for this event has been closed.
What is it? CompTIA Network+ verifies that you have the essential knowledge and skills in networking to develop a career in IT infrastructure.
Why is it different?
• Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares you to support the network regardless of the platform. It forms the foundation you need before specializing in a vendor solution.
• CompTIA Network+ is the only industry certification that covers both wired and wireless networks.
CompTIA’s Network+ validates the knowledge and skills needed to troubleshoot, configure, and manage wired and wireless networks found in companies around the world. Network+ certifies a professional-level understanding of emerging technologies including cloud and virtualization technologies.
Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
• Design and implement functional networks.
• Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices.
• Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks.
• Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations.
• Implement network security, standards, and protocols.
• Troubleshoot network problems.
• Support the creation of virtualized networks.
What’s in this Version? CompTIA Network+ N10-007 has been updated and reorganized to address the current networking technologies. The N10-007 version has expanded coverage of several domains by adding:
• Critical security concepts to helping networking professionals work with security practitioners
• Key cloud computing best practices, including virtual switches, hypervisors, and virtual NICs, as well as typical service models
• Coverage of newer hardware and virtualization techniques, including “white box switching” and Network Feature Virtualization (NFV).
• Concepts, such as network virtualization, disaster recovery, and device hardening to give individuals the combination of skills to keep the network resilient.
Click Here for Network+ Product Guide
Attendees will supply their own computers that meet the following specifications: 64 Bit Windows operating system with a minimum of 8 GB of RAM, an Intel i5 or better CPU (Virtualization support required, VT, VT-x, etc.) and at least 500 GB of hard drive space. Computers should run Windows Professional, either 7 or 10, and have Microsoft Office 2007 or later installed.
Accredited by ANSI to show compliance with the ISO 17024 Standard. It is also approved by the DoD for Directive 8140/8570.01-M.